e_bookpushers

I am E_bookpushers and I am addicted to books. I have to thank my mother for my addiction because one of my fondest memories involves bedtime stories. No, I am not talking about Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears or Madeline, those were daytime learn to read books, but I am talking about Tolkien, Richard Adams and Asimov…

Thanks to my mother’s open mindedness I did not grow up a genre snob. While I tend to read and enjoy SF/F in its various permutations, romance and its sub-genres I also read and enjoy westerns, murder mysteries etc. If a book can capture my attention, spark my imagination; carry me into a different world/reality than I am willing to give it a try. So bring on your recommendations so I can update my TBR list.

Happy reading!

Night Hawk - Beverly Jenkins I am blaming Dear Author for this. I don't know why I never tried Beverly Jenkins before because this was REALLY good. A few things I didn't like or thought were too coincidental but overall very enjoyable. Both the h/h were strong characters who did what they had to not just survive but to try to enjoy. They didn't take crap from anyone nor did they sit and wait for someone to come along and change their lives. Jenkins also provided me with some laughs while I was reading because several of the situations made my heart break at how certain subsets of people in America were, have been and still are treated.

These Old Shades