e_bookpushers

I am E_bookpushers and I am addicted to books. I have to thank my mother for my addiction because one of my fondest memories involves bedtime stories. No, I am not talking about Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears or Madeline, those were daytime learn to read books, but I am talking about Tolkien, Richard Adams and Asimov…

Thanks to my mother’s open mindedness I did not grow up a genre snob. While I tend to read and enjoy SF/F in its various permutations, romance and its sub-genres I also read and enjoy westerns, murder mysteries etc. If a book can capture my attention, spark my imagination; carry me into a different world/reality than I am willing to give it a try. So bring on your recommendations so I can update my TBR list.

Happy reading!

A Feast of Souls - Hailey Edwards Probably a 4.5 star read. Just as much fun as the first one. I did wish I had re-read that before diving into book 2 because I forgot the linkages of some of the characters. Several times I thought all hope was lost for the hero and heroine but they were able to persevere while paying a pretty steep price at times. The suspense and stakes at determining what or who is behind the Yellow Death that appears to be chasing the Clans keeps getting higher. And it is starting to look like they are running out of time.

The only reason this isn't a 5 star read is that I got tired of the heroine refusing to see what was right in front of her face for so many years. I loved the flirting and teasing and once things came to a head. WOW! Edwards is on my auto buy list and I can't wait for the next installment.

These Old Shades