e_bookpushers

I am E_bookpushers and I am addicted to books. I have to thank my mother for my addiction because one of my fondest memories involves bedtime stories. No, I am not talking about Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears or Madeline, those were daytime learn to read books, but I am talking about Tolkien, Richard Adams and Asimov…

Thanks to my mother’s open mindedness I did not grow up a genre snob. While I tend to read and enjoy SF/F in its various permutations, romance and its sub-genres I also read and enjoy westerns, murder mysteries etc. If a book can capture my attention, spark my imagination; carry me into a different world/reality than I am willing to give it a try. So bring on your recommendations so I can update my TBR list.

Happy reading!

The Secrets of Jin-shei - Alma Alexander Alexander has a way of ripping my heart out with her writing. I can't read her often because I get so invested in her characters and they experience such hardship. Unlike a romance that I know will have a HEA these characters usually don't have a HEA. Some of them live, some of them die and they are all permanently changed from their experiences. The chain that brought this entire book together was that of a friendship/sisterhood so unbreakable that it changed history in more ways then one for the characters. The thought of such a bond and how it is innocent at first but then could become heavy and painful as people change from what they could have become to what they became.

I want to go back and read the first duology I read by her and then dive into her world weavers series but I need some recovery time.

These Old Shades