e_bookpushers

I am E_bookpushers and I am addicted to books. I have to thank my mother for my addiction because one of my fondest memories involves bedtime stories. No, I am not talking about Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears or Madeline, those were daytime learn to read books, but I am talking about Tolkien, Richard Adams and Asimov…

Thanks to my mother’s open mindedness I did not grow up a genre snob. While I tend to read and enjoy SF/F in its various permutations, romance and its sub-genres I also read and enjoy westerns, murder mysteries etc. If a book can capture my attention, spark my imagination; carry me into a different world/reality than I am willing to give it a try. So bring on your recommendations so I can update my TBR list.

Happy reading!

Cynful - Dana Marie Bell This was probably closer to a 3.5 start read. It was great to get back to the world of the Halle Shifters but this one seemed to be missing something. I loved the interaction between the original three ladies and how their personalities and relationships with each other stayed true. They were still under attack by a mysterious person who used several different methods. Personally I think they had multiple attackers and just didn't know it but we will have to wait and see if I was correct.

I think my difficulties came with the romance between Cyn and Julian. It seemed like both understood and felt that they were mates it was just a matter of time before Cyn accepted Julian's mark. I never had the sense that there was any chance of their relationship not working out unless the unknown attacker killed one or the other of them.

Several subplots were introduced and then abruptly left alone. I hope they are given their own time in succeeding books but I would have enjoyed a sense of continuity and not just abandonment for them. Given the cryptic phrase that was told to several of the characters by some spirit creatures only the very first line has come to pass. I think the others are the roadmap for future stories.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Chloe, the danger to half-breeds, etc.

These Old Shades