e_bookpushers

I am E_bookpushers and I am addicted to books. I have to thank my mother for my addiction because one of my fondest memories involves bedtime stories. No, I am not talking about Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears or Madeline, those were daytime learn to read books, but I am talking about Tolkien, Richard Adams and Asimov…

Thanks to my mother’s open mindedness I did not grow up a genre snob. While I tend to read and enjoy SF/F in its various permutations, romance and its sub-genres I also read and enjoy westerns, murder mysteries etc. If a book can capture my attention, spark my imagination; carry me into a different world/reality than I am willing to give it a try. So bring on your recommendations so I can update my TBR list.

Happy reading!

Hunted  - Rebecca Zanetti I <3 this series. The world, the characters, the different species and their quirks it is so much fun to read. The stakes are certainly rising as alliances are made and broken, groups are betrayed from inside and people still try to live their lives. All of the women are strong and don't sit by waiting to be rescued. They also don't easily fall in line and just go meekly with what the guys want. The guys are all pretty incredible too. They have different strengths, skills and are also haunted by things they have done in the past.

This installment dived into the witches and what they are capable of doing. BTW I really enjoyed the explanation for their magic. I think this one showed the most equality between the hero/heroine in terms of their skill and powers. As a result I think this was the hardest relationship to actually reach HEA because of those very similarities. The sparring scene with Moira and the King was wonderful :).

I also wonder what the demons are really up to...Can't wait for the next installment.

These Old Shades