e_bookpushers

I am E_bookpushers and I am addicted to books. I have to thank my mother for my addiction because one of my fondest memories involves bedtime stories. No, I am not talking about Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears or Madeline, those were daytime learn to read books, but I am talking about Tolkien, Richard Adams and Asimov…

Thanks to my mother’s open mindedness I did not grow up a genre snob. While I tend to read and enjoy SF/F in its various permutations, romance and its sub-genres I also read and enjoy westerns, murder mysteries etc. If a book can capture my attention, spark my imagination; carry me into a different world/reality than I am willing to give it a try. So bring on your recommendations so I can update my TBR list.

Happy reading!

Foundation: The Collegium Chronicles (Valdemar) - Mercedes Lackey This is actually a re-read. Really love this series. It starts off so well introducing the country at that time and establishing base personalities. The use of the primary protagonist not having any knowledge about the world he finds himself in or his role is a great way to provide information without info-dumping. Even for me who has read all of the books set in Vlademar Ms Lackey still showed some new facets.

These Old Shades